Datacenter.com is looking for a flexible Data Center Engineer to join our data center team in Amsterdam South East and help drive our company’s growth to the next level.
In this role you have all kinds of work during the day (and sometimes night). You monitor, among other things, the data center infrastructure, such as our electrical environment and cooling environment. You carry out light electrical mechanical and facility work, such as installing cabinets, making fiber cable ducts, wiring and minor maintenance work such as remote hands requests from our customers. Besides this you work with third party vendors who maintain the critical systems in our facility, performing customer specific installations, but also support our commercial team with customer related questions.
Your day to day role:
- Provide 24/7/365 support to both external and internal customers and realizing engineering projects (25%);
- Controlling systems and processes (10%);
- Solve common engineering problems and remote hands cases (40%);
- Guiding suppliers / contractors in the data center (15%);
- Customer contact (10%).
You are a flexible person with at least a couple of years’ experiences as an engineer in an electro technical or mechanical environment. Ideally, you have experience of electrical power supply and climate control systems, fiber optic cabling and other data center-related knowledge. You’ll be an excellent communicator and problem solver, with a commitment to high levels of customer service, a flexible, proactive approach and the ability to stay “relax” under pressure.
- are in possession of solid communications skills including fluency in English and Dutch;
- are a flexible person who takes on also ad hoc tasks;
- have a logical approach to problem solving;
- at least have a couple of years experience in mission critical facilities operating / engineering or equivalent equipment experience including assets associated with mission critical engineering relevant to the specific site. (UPS, HVAC, generators, fire/life safety systems);
- have the ability to fulfil tasks independently and proactively;
- have experience with the AutoCad application;
- have finished an IT or Engineering degree;
- are ready to roll up sleeves and step in accordingly to the fact that we are a brand new office;
- like to work in a start up environment;
- live in or around Amsterdam and be allowed to work in Amsterdam.
Why you’ll join us?
We’re a very small team doing very big things. Become part of a hard-working team focused on the things that matter. Your work will make a huge impact, your voice will be heard. We are a surprising and innovative company, each day will give you new learning possibilities.
We offer you
- the chance to be part of the next big thing;
- a global company with startup culture;
- International, fast paces and rapidly growing environment;
- opportunity to become part of a smaller team with a very friendly atmosphere;
- great work environment;
- opportunity for professional growth and development.
But who is Datacenter.com?
We are a passionate team of business and tech geeks that enjoy creating excellent datacenter services for excellent companies. Soon we will open our datacenter in Amsterdam and expand soon to other regions around the world. We are a challenger and like to change the datacenter world and support business’ by providing the foundation of the digital economy. We believe in talent, hard work and target driven people.
Sneak preview of our Amsterdam facility: https://youtu.be/aR5-zU3QLuA
Are you interested in our Data Center Engineer opening? Then we are looking forward to hear from you! Send us your motivation and let us know about your interests, hobbies and leisure activities. This way we can see if you fit into our team.
Please add your motivation why we should invite you for an interview!
Grow with us! The faster we grow, the more you will able to do. You will be one on this great journey, the possibilities will be endless.